Are you too busy washing diapers and cleaning crayon off the wall to relish in the moments? Is the bottom of your foot permanently bruised from walking on Lego all day? Showered lately? Was your newborn only born yesterday but suddenly she's 5 and started kindergarten? How are those selfies coming? Photo albums?
Do you love carrying your baby in wraps and carriers? How many selfies do you have of that? Want to learn how to capture beautiful babywearing selfies with your baby?
What about those quiet moments with your spouse when your children are finally asleep and you have 15 seconds of space to breathe and be together? How many photographs do you have of those experiences?
Yeah -I get it. I've decided to challenge myself in 2017 to capture more moments with my children on camera before it's all over and I'm sitting on my couch wondering where the time went as they walk out the door as 30 year olds.
I know for sure that someday I'm going to wish I had captured more images of my life as a mother - all the good stuff, all the rough stuff and the messy chaos and the calm stillness that sometimes happens. I don't want to forget. I want to look back in 30 years at real, raw, candid images and remember.
The #MotherhoodSelfieProject will be a series of workshops to teach you how to use your camera and how to include yourself in every image - yup, every single one.
When is the Motherhood Selfie Project Workshop?
A beautiful space is booked in downtown Ottawa on Sunday February 19th from 1:30-3:30pm.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for you if:
- You are a Mom with a DSLR camera or a point and shoot camera that allows you to shoot in Manual Mode.
- You love hands on learning and group environments.
- You love getting a take-home booklet that has applicable immediate step by step actions you can take to start improving your photography on day one (no pressure).
- You don't know anything (or very little) about Aperture, Shutter Speed or ISO (no, ISO isn't "In Search Of" wraps...in this case).
- You want to learn how to optimize the light so you can take beautiful images.
- You want to understand how to use the timer and more on your camera to capture images of YOU with your family.
- You want to be part of a great community of Moms who will continue to learn together in a private Facebook Group after the course. I will continue to share tips and tricks in the group for the year. We can share images and learn together.
- You are ready to challenge yourself to get in the photos in a way that is realistic for you - once a week? once a day? once a month? You can set the goal yourself.
- You think that perhaps in the future you would like to further refine your photography skills in future workshops throughout 2017 (more on that later!)
What is my investment?
The cost of Workshop 1 is $149.00 +tax. It includes the two hour workshop and a lifetime membership in the online Facebook group where I will continue to share tips and tricks monthly. This is the first in a series of workshops. Payment is due in full to book your spot.
What if I already know the basics of using my DSLR?
I am happy to work with you one on one so you can refine your skills. I'm happy to design a personalized workshop with you to get you on track to capturing the beautiful images you want with your family. You can learn more here and you will still be part of the Facebook Group and Motherhood Selfie Challenge.